Therapy: Speech therapy mirror Briolight
The Briolight interactive room includes a speech therapy mirror. It is necessary for the organization of speech therapy work in preschool and school institutions, and is also an indispensable tool for the work of a defectologist at the IRC.
The work of a speech therapist is most active in preschool institutions, since it is during this period that children need to formulate letters and sounds. A modern kindergarten is not just a place where children spend time before their parents arrive. Now somewhere there is a pool for gymnastics, somewhere a climbing wall for training the musculoskeletal system, and somewhere therapy rooms, including with various speech therapy equipment.
Classes with the help of a mirror are conducted by speech therapists with almost every child at every session. Often, speech therapists have more than one mirror, but several for different techniques and situations. The following types of mirrors are used:
- Large wall-mounted for group work.
- Secondary board for individual lessons.
- A mirror with a hole in which the speech therapist places his face and while the child looks at himself and does articulatory exercises, the speech therapist looks at the child directly and monitors its implementation.
- Floor mirror for active children who are difficult to sit at the desk.
- A small pocket mirror for the child to observe only the movements of his lips and tongue.
- Mirror with recording function. This is supplied as part of the Briolight interactive room. Modification of a tabletop mirror for individual work with a modern function of recording an audio fragment up to 1 minute.
Let us dwell on the latter and tell you how it can be useful. This speech therapy mirror is used to work with children with speech impairments by both speech therapists and defectologists. Briolight has supplied these mirrors to the IRC on several occasions, so the scope of their application is not limited to a kindergarten or school.
Such a mirror will be useful not only for performing exercises for articulation or training speech breathing, but also will help the child hear his own speech, and the speech therapist will point out what needs to be corrected. Previously, for these purposes, teachers had to use their own phones and the “Dictaphone” function. We tried to collect it in one handy tool.
Our mirror is convenient to use not only because of its recording function. It is equipped with a stable stand that prevents the mirror from tipping over. The buttons are made of bright colors and are large in size to make it interesting for the child to press and work with the tool. Also, a logo mirror is a very safe solution for working with children. The mirror is made of acrylic – this material is famous for its durability, it does not break or break. This will protect students from injuries that may occur when working with a conventional mirror. The acrylic surface cannot be scratched, which makes it durable and practical. The rounded edges of the mirror can also be called a plus.
Let’s note some characteristics of the Briolight speech therapy mirror:
- recording time up to 60 seconds;
- a new entry deletes the previous one;
- allows you to record and reproduce the student’s speech without distortion with his own hearing aid;
- works from the network.
The company plans to release an improved product for speech therapists in the near future, so stay tuned for our updates!