STEM – Education and Interactive Floor Briolight
What is STEM?
STEM education (S-science, T-technology, E-engineering, M-mathematics) is a training program that prepares students for successful employment and involves the acquisition of various technical skills, using mathematical knowledge and scientific concepts.
What is interactive floor?
An interactive floor is a live floor projection that responds to the movements of children and adults. Thus, you can interact with the picture with your movements. To do this, you can use your body (arms, legs), and additional devices (ball, radio-controlled machine, stick). By the way, animals can also be used (the dog gladly runs on this floor).
Possibilities of interactive floor in STEM education
Interactive floor is an advanced high-tech training tool that opens up a ton of new opportunities for STEM classes:
1. The use of the floor as an arena for radio-controlled models, including air
2. Work with virtual reality and QR codes
3. The study of mathematics and the basics of physics using the interactive floor
4. Working with a gyro scooter on an interactive floor
5. The development of mobility, agility and imagination
6. Improving socialization and teamwork
7. Programming your own courses in the class designer
We recommend reading our article on the benefits of STEM education.
Thus, the interactive floor technology ensures the formation of the educational process in accordance with the trends of developed countries, and contributes to the development of group interaction skills, the study and consolidation of thematic material, gamification and the organization of a continuous educational process.
Unlike games with material props, the Briolight interactive floor is a software and hardware platform that is constantly updated and updated with new programs and effects. Thus, it can adapt to new trends in education.